League Forums

Main - Rivalries

SD vs NE

By jgcruz
6/30/2015 10:36 am
Great game, Morbid!

On the road on a cold, rainy day in New England, the Chargers barely escape elimination despite giving up almost 700 total yards (and two kick of returns for TDs) with a second overtime FG to win the game after an interception deep in the Patriots territory. Neither team showed much defense as San Diego also rolled up almost 700 yards in total offense.

The Chargers' victory was tempered somewhat by a multitude of injuries to its #1 RB, who collected 180 yards of the Chargers' 349 rushing yards.

The Chargers are set for a rematch in the Super Bowl with the resurgent 49ers who surprised the Seahawks (after beating a very good Detroit team) after losing both regular season games to them. All three 49er playoff victories have come on the road. A remarkable achievement.

Good luck, 49ers!

Re: SD vs NE

By Morbid
6/30/2015 10:42 am
Yes was a complete slug fest. had no answer for either your passing or running game. I am not even sure if you threw an incompletion in the first half.

On that Interception, I marched the ball down the field only to do the same and throw one myself inside the 5 yd line.

Good Luck

By $B$Dog$
6/30/2015 2:58 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Great game, Morbid!

On the road on a cold, rainy day in New England, the Chargers barely escape elimination despite giving up almost 700 total yards (and two kick of returns for TDs) with a second overtime FG to win the game after an interception deep in the Patriots territory. Neither team showed much defense as San Diego also rolled up almost 700 yards in total offense.

The Chargers' victory was tempered somewhat by a multitude of injuries to its #1 RB, who collected 180 yards of the Chargers' 349 rushing yards.

The Chargers are set for a rematch in the Super Bowl with the resurgent 49ers who surprised the Seahawks (after beating a very good Detroit team) after losing both regular season games to them. All three 49er playoff victories have come on the road. A remarkable achievement.

Good luck, 49ers!

Ohh, here we go again. Hopefully we can get lucky and pull off another road victory vs the defending champs.

By jgcruz
7/02/2015 1:27 am
Both SD and SF will be on the road. Hope the weather cooperates and some of out injuries heal sufficiently. Should be a close one - like last season.